The Master in Membrane Engineering for Sustainable Development, MESD, offers an advanced education programme related to membrane science and engineering at the interface between material science and chemical engineering and focused on specific applicative fields: Energy, Food, Bio and Health, and Water.
Based on the experience of the two previous programmes and the will of the partners to continue, the new master programme MESD provides an equilibrated curriculum oriented towards the new technologies and emerging applications and aiming the best match between labour supply and demand.
The courses delivered in MESD curriculum thus ensure a high level of excellence with a close relation to the last developments and research in the field.
The MESD will have a duration of two years : 4 semesters corresponding to 30 ECTS (European Credits Transfer System) each and spent in at least 3 different countries. The field of membrane applications is very wide and in order to offer the widest possible range of knowledge, the summer school and weekly seminars will complete the master curriculum.
The master involves seven High Education Institutions, HEI, of six European countries :
- Université de Montpellier (France), coordinating organisation, UM
- Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier (Toulouse, France), UT3
- University of Chemistry and Technology Prague (Czech Republic), UCTP
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal), NOVA
- Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain), UNIZAR
- University of Twente (Netherlands), UTwente
- Lund University (Sweden), LU, new partner
Associated partners are:
- Università della Calabria (Italy),
- UNICALCatholic University of Leuven (Belgium),
- KULConsiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (Italy) (CNR)
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or EACEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.